Monday, May 5, 2008

About Rosie & Sparkle...

A friend of mine just wrote to tell me that I must post a quick note about my girls, Sparkle & Rosie. So here's a picture of them; this was taken a few weeks ago. Sparkle (on the right) was sleeping peacefully in her basket by the window when her daughter, Rosie, jumped in and settled down next to her. Rosie doesn't seem to realize that she's all grown up, and taking up a lot more space than she did when she was a kitten. Sparkle very kindly moved over and went back to sleep...

3 comments:

Leslie Todd said...

Your kitties are cute, and that's a good picture. It looks like they have the classic bold tabby pattern. I love the striking classic tabby coat pattern. Have you ever looked at it and thought "I can weave that?."

Lynn said...

Sharilyn, I used to have a tabby with the standard tabby markings like yours (thicker, bolder stripes). He used to love to fetch -- just like a dog! Sometimes we'd be watching TV and he'd come up to us and drop a wadded up piece of paper at our feet and want to play. (He kept a stash of them behind our floor pillows. What a nut!) Anyway, I'm finding more and more people with standard tabbies like to fetch. Your cats are BEAUTIFUL!

Doreen said...

Sharilyn: I looked at all your Sparkle and Rosie posts. Your girls are absolutely adorable! What characters!!