Thursday, May 29, 2008

Here's what I've been working on lately...

So this is what I've been working on lately: a necklace I'm calling "Autumn Dance." It's still a work in progress and, now that I see a photo of it, I realize that it's terribly unbalanced. Funny how you don't always notice the flaws in your designs until you photograph them! So tomorrow I'll work some more on this one.
The design is loosely based on a beautiful (and quite different) necklace submitted to me by wire artist Dale "Cougar" Armstrong, who is one of the very talented participants in my new wire jewelry book. Dale's piece is beautifully balanced and made with an elegant, almost bridal style. You will love it when you see it in my book, which comes out in September 2009.
Until then, you'll just have to wait...!

No comments: