Saturday, May 24, 2008

Real life intrudes...

I haven't blogged in two weeks and I feel so ashamed—picture me with a hanging head and downcast expression!
Seriously though, I do feel a bit guilty and I wonder if this is normal. I'm still new to blogging, and had high hopes of being able to post something new about every two days. Then real life intruded: a new book that I'm writing for Interweave Press has an urgent deadline with a photo shoot in Colorado next month, and I've been scheduling several new workshops for 2009. I simply haven't had time to blog. In fact, I've been stuck inside my house for the last two weeks, working in my studio (which I love) and writing up the instructions for my new jewelry projects (which I don't love). To be honest, there hasn't been much to blog about...
Tomorrow, however, I look forward to teaching my Tribal Treasures Necklace (pictured above) workshop at Brea Bead Works in Southern California. If you're interested in signing up last-minute, there are three openings. Call the store at 714 671-9976 to register. They have recently moved into a gorgeous new facility that you simply must see to believe. BBW has one of the best workshop/studio setups I've ever seen: a great place for classes not only in wire jewelry making, but also in metal clay, glass bead-making, stringing, and more.
Today I received an e-mail from my friend, Dina Cuomo, who was a student at my most recent Wild Wire Women retreats. She wrote to tell me that she had posted some new images on her blog of some Love Knot jewelry she made, using techniques she had learned during our retreat. I am very impressed with Dina's craftsmanship as well as her creativity. I hope you'll visit her blog and have a look. Dina made a lot of progress during our time together in part because the retreats are restricted to six participants, so I can give everyone lots of one-on-one attention. It makes a big difference, as you can see in Dina's finished jewelry. If you're a "Wild Wire Woman" interested in participating in an upcoming retreat in Idyllwild, California, please visit www.sharilynmiller.com for more information. Or you can always e-mail me for more info at sharilynmiller@mac.com.
Cheers!

3 comments:

Jen Crossley said...

Your jewerly is just awesome One day I would love to do a class with you
Jen

Carole Segal said...

Hi Sharilyn,
I just love your new necklace with the Venetian Beads. Also, the latest bracelet. And your Blog site is terrific. All the best, Carole

Scoopy said...

Jo Mansell here. Had some great times with Suze and Lenny. Things with you are sounding and looking great.