Sunday, May 25, 2008

Scott & Wendy show off their new digs

Just got home from teaching a great class at Brea Bead Works today, my Tribal Treasures Necklace workshop. I had nine talented students who patiently worked through all the techniques: spiraling, coiling, twisting heavy-gauge wire in a drill to make jump rings, the easy-link chain, and double-wrapped eye-pin loops. I really enjoy teaching at BBW, and even more so now that the store has been relocated nearby in a huge new retail space.
Storeowners Scott and Wendy Remmers (pictured) have every reason to be proud of their new digs—just two doors down from their old digs—in Brea, California. Recently they renovated a retail space in a shopping center across the street from the Brea Mall. And I'm talking big-time renovations! I love the way they modernized the space with spicy green paint and gallery-style lighting, which shows off their huge selection of beads, tools, findings, and more.
They have a beautiful foyer and a private area nearby where a couch and TV has been set up to entertain spouses and kids while customers shop. The picture I took this morning shows only one corner of the store, and, as you can see, it's beautifully laid out with plenty of elbow room for shoppers and simply tons of gorgeous beads from all over the world. Of course, my favorite part of the store is not really in the store at all, but next door, where a studio/classroom has been set up for regular workshops in beading, lampwork, metal clay, wire art jewelry, chainmaille, and much more.
I hope you visit BBW sometime, especially if I'm teaching a workshop that you can attend. The great thing about teaching for such a fabulous bead store is that if my students run out of supplies, they can shop quickly and then return to class, ready to go back to work on their projects.
If you'd like to visit BBW, their address is 1027 E. Imperial Hwy., Suite D5, Brea, California.

1 comment:

A Fly On The Wall said...

I was in BBW just after their move and couldn't believe how truly BEAUTIFUL this new space is!!! I am moving back into the OC area and look forward to frequenting this lovely space!

Robyn Hawk