Monday, May 5, 2008

Welcome to my Blog page...

Hi, everybody, and welcome to my new blog page!
Blogging is probably not new to you, but it's still fairly new to me, so I confess to feeling a little bit intimidated by the whole process. I've just recently started looking in on a few artists' blogs and I am inspired by the wealth of creativity out there. I hope to keep my blog interesting enough to attract your attention every now and then. I intend to add little newsy bits and photos at least twice a week, and more often than that whenever possible.
For those of you who do not know me, I am an artist and art instructor working with wire to make creative wire-art jewelry. My background is in graphic design and journalism, but I have enjoyed making art in years past using various papers, rubber stamps, polymer clay, inks, paints, fibers, fabrics, beads, foreign coins, old buttons, and other fun things. Just now my favorite medium is wire, and I do enjoy exploring the possibilities! Wire can do so many things, you could spend a lifetime working with it and still come up with new ways to bend and shape it into beautiful art pieces.
I have a Web site with my current workshop schedule and more information about my books, instructional DVDs, and art/travel excursions. I welcome you to visit www.sharilynmiller.com anytime. I just recently launched a brand-new Web site to devote more space to my DVDs: www.wirejewelrydvds.com. And now this blog...
I want to thank my friend Janet Hofacker for encouraging me to go for it, and just start blogging. If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to contact me. If you have any suggestions for ways that I can improve my blog, I'm all ears! Thanks for looking in...
Sharilyn

6 comments:

Oddfae said...

Hey Sharilyn -- welcome to the blogosphere! I'm gonna post a link over here from my blog...=-)

Shari said...

Hooray!!! Welcome to the world of blogging! It looks great---love the piece you have featured! You need to link your web site to your post. To do that, go into "edit post" and highlight "I have a Web site with my current workshop schedule and more information about my books, instructional DVDs, and art/travel excursions." then click on the little link button up on the top of the post frame (near the add image button) and a link to window will open. Put your website address in the box and it will make the highlighted text a live link. You can do the same to Janet's name and link to her blog, etc. Hope this is a help.
-hugs (your new friend), shari
by the way I was born shari-lin :)

Janet said...

Excellent, you did it. You'll be glad, it's fun.

Stacie said...

I really like how you've chosen a larger font, it certainly makes it much easier on people's peepers. I agree with Shari about the links, bit I say- all in good time- you'll get a feel for it & in no time it'll be second nature to you.
Now....about the necklace in this picture....it's one that I would LOVE to learn to make. I think it's on your next DVD & I can't wait till it comes out. Best of luck with your new blog. I'm going to link to it in mine ;-)

Lynn said...

Now you're going to be hooked on checking for comments, Sharilyn. We all love to get comments!

: )

Carole Segal said...

Congrats Sharilyn....Your Blog is great, I love the cats, your jewelry is fabulous, and your teaching of wire art jewelry is incomparable. From your pal Carole in Montreal, Canada