Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Workshops offered in Illinois

This September 12-14 you have a rare opportunity to take a workshop series from me when I travel to the midwest. I'm speaking to the Bead Society of Greater Chicago on September 11, and following this up with a series of wire-art jewelry workshops. Since I rarely travel beyond the west coast to teach these days, I suggest taking advantage of this opportunity.
On Friday, Sept. 12, I am teaching my Funky Chandelier Earrings workshop in the morning. After lunch I'll teach my brand-new Big Heart Pin workshop.
On Saturday, I'll teach my fabulous Tribal Treasures Necklace workshop—this is a terrific, full-day introduction to making beautiful wire jewelry with an ethnic style. Of course, if you can't make it to this workshop you can learn all the bead wraps and links from my DVD, Tribal Treasures Bracelet Workshop. Just add a pretty chain to the back, and you have a necklace.
On Sunday, I wrap up the weekend with another full-day workshop: 10 Trippy Tricks II. In this class, you'll learn 10 different bead wraps and wire links plus everything you need to know about working with your tools, wire, and beads to make incredible jewelry.
This series is fun, creative, and challenging, but open to beginners. You do not have to be a member of the bead society to join us. Portia Mandel is hosting this event at her Gathering Place Studio in Naperville, Illinois. If you'd like to enroll for any or all of these workshops, please do so no later than August 10. We have limited spaces, so sign up now!
You can contact Portia via email: portiasold@hotmail.com.
Hope to see you in Naperville...
Sharilyn

1 comment:

Blogger said...

BlueHost is ultimately the best web-hosting provider for any hosting services you might require.