Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Etruscan Spiral Jewelry Workshop Offered

Yes, I have another new class to offer at Brea Bead Works in Brea, California!
The "Etruscan Spiral Necklace" isn't really Etruscan as far as I know—it has a nice big double spiral made from 14ga wire and I love the mixed-metals look (copper tubing and sterling silver wire), but it could as easily be inspired by Egyptian motifs as Etruscan, or anything else. I call it my Etruscan Spiral Necklace because I designed my first one (the necklace on top, with the silver spiral) while teaching in April 2007 in Cortona, Italy.
Better known as the place where "Under the Tuscan Sun" was filmed, Cortona has long been a vacation destination for British and European travelers. Many ex-pats have purchased second homes here over the years, and if you have ever visited this lovely, peaceful Tuscan hilltown, you know why. (Be sure to check out the Cortona, Italy Web cam listed on the right under Web sites & blogs to visit.)
Among other things, Cortona is situated right above a train station where you can pick up a train that will take you to Florence in an hour or to Rome in a couple of hours... from these big train stations, you can travel anywhere you'd like to go. The last time I was in Cortona, I took the train to Orvieto (a one-hour train ride) where I explored the underground caverns and bought some pretty pieces of pottery. If you'd like to visit Tuscany with a small group of like-minded travelers with an interest in jewelry making, why don't you consider joining me there in April 2009?
More information can be found by clicking here.
In the meantime, you can learn to make the beautiful Etruscan Spiral Necklace in Brea, California by signing up for my workshop. I don't have a date for this one yet, but I'll be updating my blog soon with this information. If you like working with heavy-gauge (14ga & 16ga) wire in sterling silver and/or copper, you'll love this class. I also used copper tubing from the hardware store to make this unique jewelry piece.
Finally, if you'd really like to make this necklace but can't make it to Southern California or to Cortona, Italy, it is demonstrated in close-up detail on my brand-new DVD, Ethnic Style Jewelry Workshop. You'll also learn how to make my popular Ethnic Coin Necklace and four new bracelets, too.
I hope to meet you in Brea... or in Italy... Just remember, if you believe in your dreams, they will happen!
Cheers,
Sharilyn

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Bullion Exchanges is a reputable Bullion Seller located in the heart of New York City's Diamond District.

They have a large selection of items such as, precious metals that range from the popular gold and silver to platinum and palladium.

Bullion Exchanges are offering an enormous selection of products appealing to first time buyers and established investors.