Sunday, September 7, 2008

An Ethnic Doves Necklace

Jane Rieck, one of my Wild Wire Women participants this past weekend, made a beautiful copper "Ethnic Doves Necklace" yesterday, and I just had to share it with you.
Jane is a very talented artist, and although she started out this weekend a relative newcomer to wire-art jewelry, she quickly learned how to use her pliers, wire and metal pieces to make this beautiful jewelry piece. I usually teach this workshop as a coin necklace, but Jane had purchased some lovely doves from Metalliferous in New York, NY (her home town), and wanted to use them in her design in leu of foreign coins. I'm thrilled with the results of her efforts!
Over the weekend, five of us explored some of the possibilities of wire jewelry as I taught my 10 Trippy Tricks 2 workshop, the Ethnic Coin Necklace workshop (also available on my DVD, Ethnic Style Jewelry Workshop), and today we made big wire bangles, woven wire embellishments for a pendant, and various earring designs.
We also used liver of sulfur to artificially age our jewelry pieces and learned how to polish metal jewelry. Oh, and we ate great food, did a little shopping, drank some wine with our pizza, watched a movie, and had a few laughs.
A terrific weekend retreat, I must say! I enjoyed every second of it, and now I'm just sad that it's over.
My next Wild Wire Women retreat will be held October 30-November 3, and has two openings. If you're interested in participating, be sure to contact me.
Check out my Web site for more info: www.sharilynmiller.com.
Cheers,
Sharilyn

1 comment:

KimberlyRies said...

That is a beautiful piece. Thanks for sharing Jane's work with us.

Kim
http://kimberlyries.blogspot.com