Monday, September 15, 2008

Ties that Bind Update

In a previous post (August 11), I shared an opportunity with my blog readers to contribute a handmade charm to a collaborative art project called Ties That Bind. The idea is to get lots of contributions that can be used on an art doll that will be auctioned off soon; all proceeds from this auction benefit the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund. You can read more about the project organizer's mission statement and get lots of helpful information by visiting their blog.
I really like this project and was honored when the organizers asked me to participate. Now that my charm is finished and ready to ship, I thought I'd update everyone with the latest info.
If you want to participate in this charitable endeavor, there's still time—just barely! They really need your donated charms by the end of this month (September). All you need to create is a little charm of some sort, with or without beads, made with any media, but with something on it that makes it easy to attach to a larger artwork (a handmade art doll).
Please send your donation to:
Ties That Bind
c/o Jan Brown
17 Otterbein Drive
Lexington OH 44904
Thanks so much, everybody! Together we can find a way to detect this insidious disease and save lives.
Cheers,
Sharilyn

No comments: