Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Girls of Santorini

As I prepare for tomorrow's Wild Wire Women retreat in my home in Idyllwild, California, I find myself looking back just a couple of weeks to my time spent with four fabulous gals in Santorini.
Pictured from left are Juli, Paula, Dia, and Barbara. The five of us had a unique adventure on a beautiful Greek isle near the end of the tourist season, which meant that we escaped some of the crowds and yet enjoyed beautiful weather and gorgeous scenery.
We spent a good part of our time in the workshop, of course, learning new wire-art jewelry techniques and being inspired by the colors and textures and surprises around every corner. But we also took time for delicious meals every day (courtesy of Patrick Mahoney, our tour organizer) and excursions to Ia and a day-cruise of the Caldera.
I'll post more photos of our jewelry retreat in Santorini in the future, but tomorrow I start sharing photos of the "wild wire women" and the beautiful jewelry they'll be making during our special time in the mountains this weekend.
Stay tuned!
Cheers,
Sharilyn

No comments: