Friday, November 21, 2008

First "mini retreat" a great success

I just hosted my first "mini retreat," or one-day workshop at my home in Idyllwild, California, and it was a terrific success.
Joanne from Dana Point and Pene from Indio joined me today for a 10 Trippy Tricks 1 Necklace Workshop, learning 10 different ways to wrap wire, make links, and wire-wrap beads (including the S-clasp, with and without beads). We also enjoyed visiting and getting to know one another. I hope to see them again soon.
I have a few more day classes scheduled for the remainder of 2008:
Dec. 6, 9:30 am to 5 pm Faux Metals Necklace Workshop
Dec. 19, 9:30 am to 5 pm Love Knot Necklace Workshop
Dec. 20, 9:30 am to 5 pm repeat of Love Knot Necklace Workshop
Dec. 26, 9:30 to 5 pm 10 Trippy Tricks 2 Workshop
Dec. 27, 9:30 to 5 pm repeat of 10 Trippy Tricks 2 Workshop
The fee for each workshop is $95 and includes morning coffee, lunch, a full day of instruction, and handouts. Students are responsible for providing their own wire and beads for each class. For the Faux Metals workshop, I provide shrink plastic, paints, rubber stamps, heat guns, and other supplies needed for making the charms.
If you are interested in attending, please email me for details: sharilynmiller@mac.com.
Classes are limited to six adult students, and they are likely to sell out quickly.
Cheers,
Sharilyn

No comments: