Sunday, November 2, 2008

Jewelry Making Retreat

I don't know if words can describe just how proud I am of the three students who joined me this weekend for a Wild Wire Women retreat!
Pictured above you can see just a sampling of the beautiful jewelry made by one participant, Chris Pasta, who flew all the way from Hilo, Hawaii to attend. Chris, Karen and Nettie each described themselves as beginning wire artists when they first arrived at my home in Idyllwild on Friday, but by the time they departed this evening it was amazing how much they had improved on their skills.
Throughout the weekend we created Tribal Treasures necklaces, Beaded Bangles incorporating my own unique Twining Vines technique, knotless netting with tiny bead dangles, wire-wrap embellished copper washer bracelets, artificially aging silver in liver of sulfur, using the tumbler to polish ethnic-style jewelry, and photography using the EZ Cube system.
It was sad to see my new friends depart for home this evening, but I feel very good about the weekend and what we accomplished together. I hope to post more photos in the future of jewelry pieces made by the other participants.
If you're interested in attending a Wild Wire Women retreat in Idyllwild, California, I have openings in 2009; the earliest date with openings is Feb. 12-16. Please feel free to email me for details.
Cheers,
Sharilyn

No comments: