Monday, December 1, 2008

Next Wire Workshop Coming Up Soon...

My Saturday workshop at Brea Bead Works was a terrific success, and I am so pleased with and proud of my talented and hardworking students. We learned a lot from each other as we each made an Etruscan Spiral Necklace inspired by my latest trip to Cortona, Italy. One gal in the class surpassed us all (yes, me too!) by making a complete necklace, bracelet and earrings set (two pair of earrings, not just one) in one day. She did stay during lunch to work on her projects, but still! I'm always amazed by my students.
So now I'm gearing up for the next workshop on my schedule: the Faux Metals technique, which can be applied to making necklaces, earrings, and/or bracelets. The workshop runs from 9:30 am to 5 pm (approximately) this Saturday, December 6, at my home studio in beautiful Idyllwild, California.
Some materials are even supplied for this class: thanks to Lucky Squirrel for providing our shrink plastic and Jacquard Products for donating gorgeous metallic paint. I also have rubber stamps, scissors and punches, heat guns, and other supplies needed to make the beautiful "faux metal" charms. You just need to bring your own wire (copper or silver) and the beads of your choice, and lots of headpins.
The fee is $95 and includes morning coffee and a delicious salad-bar lunch! You can't beat that.
If you're interested in signing up, I have three openings in this workshop. Send me an email and I'll register you right away.
Cheers,
Sharilyn
email: sharilynmiller@mac.com

No comments: