Friday, December 19, 2008

A Snowy Day

We just had a couple of major snowstorms blow through Idyllwild this week, and I was housebound for three days.
But yesterday the sun came out and the sky is such a beautiful, deep-cerulean blue, it's hard to believe it's real. Today, more of the same gorgeous sunshine sparkles on a white and green world, and I'm so glad I was able to capture it in several photos.
During my "downtime" earlier this week, it would have been easy to get depressed. Outside, the storm raged and it was dark and gloomy, and very cold. Inside, I had the lights on most of the time and my heater ran continuously, burning up expensive propane.
At times like these, it's easy to become discouraged. But I choose to stay encouraged, to believe that, as I work, God will provide for my needs. While I do work hard and employ all of my creative abilities, I also know where my provision really comes from, and it is not from my own weak self. My provision comes from the Lord, and with that trust comes the peace of resting in Him.
In other words, while our country is in recession and the entire world is in a financial tailspin, I am at peace. I simply trust God, put Him first in my life, and thank Him every day for His presence and loving concern. I also look for ways to increase my giving, even in the toughest economic times. It may not make sense in the natural, so to speak, but it makes perfect sense in the supernatural. Give what you can, help others, be a blessing. Trust God to take care of you, and look for ways to help others.
This week while it was dark outside, I turned my thoughts toward the future and made some new jewelry designs to share with my students next year. I have several more ideas that I'll be creating over the coming days, and soon I'll be sharing them through books, DVDs, and live workshops. I hope to meet you in a workshop someday.
Tomorrow I'm hosting a day-long workshop in my home on the Love Knot Necklace, and on December 27 I'll be offering another day-long workshop on the 10 Trippy Tricks 2 Necklace. If you're interested in attending, contact me soon! I do have a few openings in both classes.
My workshop schedule changes regularly and I add classes to it almost every week, so be sure to stay tuned by visiting my Web site: www.sharilynmiller.com.
Cheers,
Sharilyn

1 comment:

cindy said...

You are in a good place, or should I say "God" place? Stay in gratitude. A lot of us are in the same boat.
Cindy
http://www.devinedesignsjewelry.blogspot.com