Friday, January 30, 2009

I'm on the cover of Art Jewelry Magazine!!!

I'm so thrilled and excited to have a project on the COVER of Art Jewelry Magazine!
My "Big Heart Pin," a workshop that I just started teaching last year, is featured on the cover of the March 2009 issue of AJM. It came as a complete surprise and was a huge thrill when I first saw it. Just knowing that the editors had selected my heart-pin project for their publication was such an honor, it never occurred to me that it would land on the cover.
When I saw it, my mouth fell open!
If you'd like to learn how to make a beautiful heart-shaped pin using 12ga sterling silver wire and a chasing hammer (I also use the little Fretz embossing hammer), be sure to pick up a copy of the March issue, on newsstands now. And if you like my article, be sure to write to the editors and tell them! They love hearing from readers.
Hazel Wheaton's email:
hwheaton@artjewelrymag.com
I'm also teaching this workshop at Monica's Quilt & Bead Creations in Palm Desert, California, on February 10, just in time for Valentine's Day. If you live in the Southern California area, be sure to sign up for this class; make a pin for your mom, a friend, or yourself!
To sign up, call: 760 772-2400.
Cheers,
Sharilyn

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

very dramatic piece. It is definately cover material.

The Junkin' Yaya said...

Howdy to my long lost friend from your friend in Houston!

I just got the mag in the mail yesterday...and what a beautiful piece you did! Hope you are doing well and you are having fun!

xo...deb (the junkin' yaya)

Kathleen, a Glass Artist said...

I got my magazine on Thursday. Really beautiful piece. Congrts on the cover!