Monday, February 9, 2009

Aaack! I'm snowed in!

Well, I'm snowed-in folks!
Unfortunately this means that my Two Heart Pins workshop, that was to take place tomorrow, has been rescheduled to March 3. It will be held from 10 am to 4 pm at Monica's Quilt & Bead Creations in Palm Desert, California.
I am so sorry about this, but even with chains I don't believe I would be able to get my car down the mountain to Palm Desert by tomorrow morning. The store has rescheduled my class at their earliest opportunity, and that is March 3. I hope you can make it, the workshop is terrific!
To see a sample of the beautiful pins we will make in this class, click here.
To contact the store and register, call:
760 772-2400.
Cheers,
Sharilyn

2 comments:

Jean said...

Hi Sharilyn--I'm shocked, shocked, I tell you, to think that you mountain folk would get aploplectic about a bit of snow! Doesn't Idyllwild have snowplows?

(We do here in NE Ohio, where we had well over 70 inches of the white stuff just in January alone!)

--Jean Wrightnour, enjoying the sunshine today!

Sharilyn Miller said...

Hi Jean,
I don't believe that I am "apoplectic" about my snow, but rather being realistic about the danger of driving a NON-four-wheel-drive car for half an hour down a twisty, windy mountain road to get to Palm Desert in order to teach a workshop.
I realize that other parts of our country experience much more snow than we do here in Idyllwild, and yes, we do have snowplows, but I am not equipped to handle this much snow with the car that I have. If our economy improves, my goal is to someday afford a good used car or SUV with 4WD. Until then, I'm going to stay safe, and stay home.
Much as I regret inconveniencing those students who have registered for my class in the desert tomorrow, I don't feel that it is worth putting my life at risk in order to try and make it down the mountain.
Cheers,
Sharilyn