Sunday, February 8, 2009

Snowy, Snowy Day

Today we've had the first real snowfall of 2009 in Idyllwild, and I had to share one of the many photos I've taken this morning after trying (and failing!) to shovel my driveway.
In fact, I was going to title this post "An Exercise in Futility," but decided that sounded much too negative. I'm a positive person by nature, always thinking of the possibilities in life and believing for good things no matter what else is going on in the world, but when it came to shoveling my driveway this morning, I had to admit defeat.
It snowed all night and what a glorious sight it was to wake up to a gorgeous, white winter after enjoying an entire month (January) of spring-like weather. While the rest of our country has been struggling with heavy snowstorms, icy temperatures, and the loss of electrical power, we in Southern California have been enjoying springtime with temps in the 70s and low 80s most days, even warmer in nearby Palm Desert (my favorite getaway). Although I do appreciate how fortunate we are to live in such a beautiful place and enjoy the balmy weather, at the same time it's a bit disappointing to not get any real snow at this time of year. That's why I was so thrilled to wake up this morning to the sight of white, white, everywhere a blanket of pure, pristine beauty!
But snow does present a few practical challenges, such as getting my NON-four-wheel-drive car out of the driveway tomorrow. I can stay snowed-in today, but tomorrow I need to have my nails done and do some other errands in Hemet, in preparation for my Heart Pins Workshop which takes place this Tuesday at Monica's Quilt & Bead Creations in Palm Desert. So I decided to go outside this morning and do some shoveling. Ha!
I actually made quite a bit of progress, shoveled out the walkway to my house, shoveled about half of my driveway, and then, you guessed it, it started snowing again. So, back into the house for a cup of hot tea and to regroup. I went out onto my deck and filled the bird feeders, spread out some peanuts for the squirrels, filled the automatic waterer (yes, for birds and squirrels) and brushed some accumulated snow off my satellite dish. Then back inside.
Camera time! When in doubt, take some photos and capture the moment. So, it's still snowing and my driveway remains un-shoveled, but I have no regrets. I'm just happy and very grateful to live in such a beautiful place as Idyllwild, California!
Cheers,
Sharilyn

2 comments:

Beadvoyager said...

looks great.. I am looking forward to our class tomorrow..nancy new

Blogger said...

QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

Professional trading signals delivered to your mobile phone daily.

Start following our signals today & earn up to 270% per day.