Friday, March 13, 2009

Sleeping in a rainbow

Rosie (pictured above) & Sparkle (pictured below) have found a way to pass a bright, sunny morning here in Idyllwild: playing in a rainbow of ribbons!
I had cut fabric strips on the bias from batiks purchased at Monica's Quilt & Bead Creations in Palm Desert, and I've been busy knitting the strips into a purse. When I return to the store on March 27 to finish the workshop that started on March 6, I'll have all the pieces knitted up and ready to attach together, including an i-cord strap and a handmade button. I look forward to sharing my finished purse with you here on my blog.
In the meantime, I'm going to have to work on extricating my two cats from my art materials...
Cheers,
Sharilyn

2 comments:

cindy said...

They are too cute!
Cindy

Sandy said...

Hi Sharilyn, I just love your cats. What;s this about a purse made out of ribbons....maybe I want to make one too. When you come visit me, you can teach me how. Carole in sunny but kind of cool Montreal.