Thursday, April 2, 2009

I'm now on FaceBook... and news about Cortona, Italy

My friend and student, Marsha Marcus, recently caught up with me in the parking lot outside our local grocery store in Idyllwild. I hadn't seen her in a while, so we had lots to catch up on. She suggested that I join FaceBook, and was quite enthusiastic about it.
So, I took the plunge and created my own page. You can access it by clicking here.
It's kind of fun to see old friends who want to link up with you, and to comment on their pages just as they comment on yours. I've also posted some cute photos of my kitties and a FREE video clip from my Ethnic Style Jewelry Workshop DVD, which you can also access on youtube.com by clicking here.
The clip shows you how to make figure-8 links, just one of many techniques you'll learn from this DVD. It features four complete bracelets and two of my most popular ethnic-style necklaces, the Ethnic Coin Necklace and the Etruscan Spiral Pendant.
The latter necklace was designed and created two years ago this month, actually, when I was teaching a workshop series in Cortona, Italy through Toscana Americana workshops. I love teaching for organizer Patrick Mahoney; he really knows how to create a terrific tour with a centrally located hotel, amazing meals with wine (at both lunch and dinner, but the alcohol content over there is so low, it's not a problem), and excursions to Florence and other nearby cities, plus a cooking class...mmm good!
Patrick recently suggested scheduling another week of wire-jewelry workshops in Cortona in the Autumn of 2010, and I said YES, let's do it! More details on that as they become available. For sure, we will include a day-trip to Florence (a must-do for the art, culture, food, and shopping). We will have another cooking class, tour the Etruscan Museum located right in Cortona, and naturally there will be plenty of time to design our own unique and beautiful wire jewelry. I have a link to the Cortona webcam in my links on the right.
The picture shown above is a recent one taken by Patrick Mahoney. The residents of his home town were very surprised to wake up to snow on March 21. "A rare event in Cortona," he said, "and a very interesting way to usher in Spring!"
I'll say. Here in Idyllwild, we haven't had any snow or rain since mid-February. It's going to be a very long, gorgeous Spring up here, followed by a hot Summer. Bring it on!
Cheers,
Sharilyn

No comments: