Thursday, May 21, 2009

New Bracelet from Yesterday's Workshop

This is the finished bracelet that I made in the process of teaching my Celtic Knot Necklace workshop yesterday, at Monica's Quilt & Bead Creations in Palm Desert.
I always feel a bit sorry for anyone who missed a workshop after it's over. It's so much fun to get together with a group of creative ladies who enjoy making jewelry, and are willing to invest the necessary time and effort it takes to make it beautiful.
We do some chatting, of course, but it's amazing how silent it can be when everyone suddenly concentrates on making her jewelry piece. At one point, Monica strolled into our classroom and commented on how quiet it was. I think this is actually a good sign.
There's a time to socialize, and a time to concentrate on making
perfect jumprings—both are needed in a good class. I sure enjoyed teaching at Monica's yesterday, and hope to repeat the experience someday soon.
Cheers,
Sharilyn

3 comments:

Christine said...

It's a very gorgeous piece of jewelry! But then, all your pieces which I have seen are. ;o )

beadie said...

How I wish I can easily cross the Pacific Ocean to join you and learn the beautiful things you teach. I'm having your book Bead on a Wire in front of me now but I guess it's not the same and much less fun than doing it in a group.

gaffergirls.com said...

hi Sharilyn..
so happy to find you and your wonderful blogs...
have a wonderful weekend
mona & the gaffer girls