Sunday, June 14, 2009

Leaf Bracelet

I always enjoy teaching at Brea Bead Works in Brea, California, and last Saturday was no exception. The store held a "meet the teachers" event that drew lots of customers in; it was a great opportunity to see the latest jewelry designs and workshops offered at the store and to meet the designers behind them. I was teaching two half-day workshops on Saturday myself, so I barely had time to sneak a quick peek in the store during my lunch hour before I was back at work in my classroom.
It was fun seeing the other teachers and their stunning jewelry. If you're interested in signing up for a workshop held at BBW this July-September, signups begin June 20.
One of the fun classes I taught on Saturday was the Chunky Leaf Bracelet, which can be made with either sterling silver or copper wire. Amazing how beautiful a piece of jewelry made with cheap copper wire can be--especially if you artificially age it in liver of sulfur, as we did in class. If you'd like to learn how to make the bracelet yourself, it's just one of four bracelets demonstrated in close-up detail on my latest DVD, Ethnic Style Jewelry Workshop. You'll also learn two of my most popular necklace designs and a variety of techniques for working with wire and found objects.
The DVD is currently on sale for $24.95; for information, click here.
Cheers,
Sharilyn

5 comments:

rachelnelsonsmith said...

Cool bracelet!!!

Peggy said...

Sharilyn you have totally inspired me to have fun in my craft room. I love your use of metal, substanstive appearance and easy instruction. Is the instruction for the leaf bracelet available? Would love to make it. TKS.

Sharilyn Miller said...

Hi Peggy and Rachel, thank you so much for your kind words! Yes, instruction for the leaf bracelet is available on my 3-1/2 hour DVD called Ethnic Style Jewelry Workshop. It's on sale right now for $24.95.
Cheers,
Sharilyn

Blogger said...

Bullion Exchanges is a well known Bullion Seller located in the heart of New York City's Diamond District.

They have a wide variety of products like, metals that range from the gold and silver to the prestigious platinum and palladium.

They are offering an enormous range of products appealing to first time buyers and the established investors.

Blogger said...

eToro is the ultimate forex broker for newbie and established traders.