Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sleeping in the sun...

She might look like dinner for a coyote, but I promise you, this little squirrel was just taking a nap on my deck! It's been that hot up here in Idyllwild, recently in the low 90s, that all the animals are just panting for relief. A moment after I took this shot, the squirrel flopped over on her side and continued her snooze in the sun.
We got a little bit of rain here yesterday, accompanied by rolling thunder and followed by an earthquake (no damage, as usual). But the heat goes on, and I for one am looking forward to autumn.
I'll be home for the next four weeks, and then I take off to teach for six days for the Bead Weasel in Midland, Michigan. If any of you live in the midwest and would like to take some workshops, storeowner Anne Sturtevant reports that there are still a few class openings.
To contact her, email beads@beadweasel.com or phone 989-486-1900.
To see my latest workshop schedule, click here.
I hope to see some of you in Michigan next month!
Cheers,
Sharilyn

3 comments:

brendalou said...

That is a priceless picture. Fantastic.

Paula said...

Plum tuckered for sure. Great picture!

robin dudley-howes said...

This is too funny!