Thursday, August 27, 2009

Heart Necklace Workshop

Wow, what a day! We worked hard on our Heart-Link necklaces, making two different 16ga wire links, jump rings, bead dangles on double-wrapped eye-pin loops, and clasps. It took the entire day to finish our necklaces, but it was well worth the effort.
A similar necklace can be found in my book, Bead on a Wire. I wish that more students had the opportunity to take this fun class, because it's a great way to learn some essential techniques at a leisurely pace.
I also enjoyed signing several copies of my new book for students: Contemporary Copper Jewelry. It was a sell-out at the recent Bead Fest and at the Bead Weasel here in Midland, we're nearly out of copies. If you live in this area, be sure to pick up a book and ask me to sign it for you while I'm teaching here.
Tomorrow we'll tackle another necklace: The Celtic Knot. Stay tuned!
Cheers,
Sharilyn

No comments: