Saturday, August 29, 2009

Those "10 Tricks" are trippy...

10 Trippy Tricks--one my most popular workshops--was intense today, but my talented students were up for it!
We made zigzag wrap beads, caged beads, an S-clasp with a wire-wrapped bead, jump rings, simple S-links, easy links, worm beads, triangle-spiral bead links, delicate wrapped tube beads, and pendant dependents. Yes, all in one day. Whew!
A great workshop, so much fun. Midwestern gals are the nicest anywhere.
After class, Anne Sturtevant took me out for a great dinner. We drove around Midland to view the beautiful architecture and also took in Overlook Park, where you can see Dow Chemical in the background, and snowy-white egrets, too. I even enjoyed the drizzly rain, it's been so long since there's been even a hint of moisture at home in Idyllwild.
Hard to believe that tomorrow is my last full day in Midland, before I depart for France. I'll be posting from Provence this week, so be sure to stay tuned...
Cheers,
Sharilyn

1 comment:

ISA said...

I discover your artwork with a lot of pleasure, thank you to offer some view on your blog :-) Sincerely, ISA