Saturday, September 26, 2009

Home again in Idyllwild...

Now that I've been home from France for almost a week, things have settled down to a routine and I finally have some time to blog again. Amazing how a simple plane trip from France to Michigan and then California can take the wind out of your sails, so to speak. It probably took about four days for me to get over the jet-lag this time.
Since the laundry and housecleaning and bill-paying chores are now behind me, it's time to think of the future. In just a couple of weeks I'll be traveling again to teach workshops for Patti Bullard at Wired Up Beads in the Grapevine, Texas area.
On Friday, Oct. 9, I'm teaching my Biker Chick Bangles workshop (pictured above) from 10 am to 1 pm, followed by the Embellished Copper Washer Bracelet (pictured below) from 2 to 5 pm.
On Saturday, Oct. 10, I'm teaching my Etruscan Spiral Necklace workshop (pictured below) from 10 am to 5 pm; this necklace includes the use of copper tubing from the hardware store, lots of forging and texturing with hammers, working with wire to make a big-spiral pendant, twisted wire jump rings, and more. It's a fun class, suitable for beginners. You'll finish your necklace in class.
Finally, on Sunday, Oct. 11, I'm teaching my popular Ethnic Coin Necklace workshop (pictured below) from 10 am to 5 pm. This is a great class: learn to work with heavy-gauge wire, twisted wire jump rings, forging and texturing methods, and riveting! Very cool, lots of fun, and everyone leaves the class with a finished necklace to wear.
I hope that you can join us! Whether you live in Texas or must come from nearby states, you are welcome to join the workshops taking place in just a couple of weeks. Contact Patti Bullard for details: patti@wiredupbeads.com
If you can't make it, however, most of the projects pictured are stepped out in close-up detail in my newest DVD, Ethnic Style Jewelry Workshop. This popular DVD offers 3-1/2 hours of instruction at $24.95, a bargain for sure. To view a FREE clip from this DVD, click here.
Cheers,
Sharilyn

2 comments:

pam said...

Hope (Tauret) recently introduced me to your work and your blog. I am already a huge fan! I am adding book titles to my Christmas wish list!

Adventures with Millie Making Jewelry said...

I just started reading your Contemporary Copper Jewelry book today. I'm impressed with the wonderful step by step photos and gorgeous projects! Great book!