Thursday, October 15, 2009

Lovin' those Wubbers...

I forgot to mention in my previous post that Patti Bullard, inventor of the Wubbers brand jewelry pliers, very generously gave me a full set of my very favorite pliers as a parting gift! How could I forget her generosity... perhaps I was just overwhelmed. I'm not used to receiving gifts from my hostess when I teach for a guild or a bead store, so it was quite a surprise for me. Pictured above you see the full set of tools in the "Classic" size: (from left) bent chain-nose pliers, round-nose pliers, and flat-nose pliers, followed by a nice little 6-inch ruler, regular chain-nose pliers and two more flat-nose pliers.
Why so many flat-nose pliers? Because Patti decided to widen our design choices by inventing tools with three different widths (no other manufacturer does this, to my knowledge). Pictured above you see a close-up of the flat-nose pliers in (from left) narrow, medium, and extra-wide widths.
My personal favorite is the very tiny pair on the far left, which I like to use whenever I'm working with fine-gauge wire or when I must bend a little tiny bit of wire, just right. Until you've actually tried this tool for yourself, you won't understand why I'm so crazy about it!
I also love these tools because the handles are easy to hold, with a foam grip that's easy on the hands. Less stress, no pain, all gain! I love these tools.
Patti, if you happen to read my blog, thank you so much for my new Wubbers!!!
Cheers,
Sharilyn

2 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

I can see where the tiny tip could come in handy! I love new tools and have seen this line, but wasn't sure why I would need yet another set... this is going on the wish list! Thanks for sharing your review, Sharilyn.
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Patti said...

Sharilyn, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to say again how much we enjoyed having you at Wired Up Beads. The gift of the tools is just a tiny token compared to how much we appreciate your willingness to share your expertise. A bunch of your students from the workshops gathered here at WUB Monday evening to finish up projects together as a group. Not only are the workshop pieces all so beautiful, they have inspired new designs and boosted our creativity as well. We look forward to getting back together! Thanks again so very much!
Patti