Saturday, January 9, 2010

We have Grateful Hearts!

We have Grateful Heart (necklaces)!
After a very full, somewhat grueling day (but fun as well), my talented students have produced lovely Grateful Heart necklaces in our class at Monica's in Palm Desert.

Here are some smiling students, very happy to have made progress on their necklaces. The Grateful Heart is a challenge because we fashion a heavy-gauge wire heart first, and then put it on a complex necklaces of Celtic knots and coil-wrapped beads, finishing with a handmade hook class. Definitely an intermediate-level workshop! But my students were up for it, I'm proud to say.
Not everyone finished in class; that would be much too much to expect. but everyone made a pendant plus at least half the necklace part and a clasp. I'm really happy with their efforts and looking forward to seeing the finished results when I return to Monica's on the 19th of January to teach the Snake Vertebra bracelet class.
The bracelet and the Grateful Heart necklace workshop are both stepped out in detail in my brand-new book, Wire Art Jewelry. I'd love to see you in class, but if this isn't possible it's good to know that you can still learn all the techniques at home.
Happy wrapping,
Sharilyn

1 comment:

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

I got the new book for Christmas and I tried making the necklace right away. My version is a little different but you can see it at my blog. http://beimondi-leslie.blogspot.com/2010/01/changing-things-up-bit.html

It was so much fun to make and the book is fabulous!