Monday, January 4, 2010

Wild Wire Women Retreats filling up!

We don't have snow in Idyllwild today; alas, the photo above was taken a few weeks ago. I just had to post it to remind myself of what it should look like around here in January! Instead, we're having beautifully spring-like weather, with temps in the high 60s and a bright blue sky. Tons of birds, lots of squirrel activity, but what happened to winter?
Anyway, the latest news is that my Wild Wire Women retreat schedule for 2010 is filling up fast. I have filled my first retreat to be held March 25-29, so that one is now closed to new registration. Several of you have written to ask about dates in the late fall of this year, so I suspect that dates in Oct-Dec will fill quickly as well. If you're interested, be sure to contact me soon.
Meanwhile, I do have several openings in the late spring and summer. If you'd like to get away from the stress of everyday city life, come out to Idyllwild for an intensive wire-art workout and retreat in the mountains! I offer three full days of instruction, four breakfasts, three lunches, a welcome dinner with wine, and four nights shared accommodation. You'll have the use of my studio tools while you're here, so all you really need to bring is wire, beads, and personal belongings.
Here's the schedule:
March 25-29 (FULL)
April 15-19
May 6-10
May 27-31
June 10-14
July 22-26
July 29-August 2
September 30-October 4
October 14-18
October 28-November 1
November 11-15
During our retreat, we have time for three full days of instruction plus extras like using a small torch for little jobs, artificially aging jewelry in liver of sulfur, and jewelry photography tips with the EZ Cube system that I use. It's lots of fun, and much more economical than taking classes at a bead show or convention.
I hope to see some of you in a retreat soon! For information, email me at sharilynmiller@mac.com.
Happy wrapping,

No comments: