Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A busy week, and a Squiggly-Wrap Bangle...

This has been a busy week, preparing for a brand-new workshop to take place this Saturday at Monica's Quilt & Bead Creations in Palm Desert, plus submitting proposals for some bead retreats taking place toward the end of this year. The class on offer this Saturday is my Squiggly-Wrap bangle workshop, held from 10 am to 5 pm (approximately). Learn to make this beautiful bangle (pictured above) but with a handmade clasp (not pictured) in either copper or sterling silver wire. I have three sample bracelets on display at the store, so if you live in the desert area be sure to drop by and check them out.
For a supply list, click here.
Call Monica's at 760-772-2400.
I just finalized my plans for teaching two workshops at Art in the Loft this August, and can now tell you about them!
Saturday, August 28, I will offer my popular Grateful Heart necklace workshop (featured in my book, Wire Art Jewelry).
Sunday, August 29, I will offer the Autumn Dance pendant workshop.
Both classes take place at Art in the Loft in Alpena, Michigan, a gorgeous art space on the top floor of a commercial building right in the heart of town. I love this art studio/gallery, and only wish that every small town was as fortunate to have such an ideal, creative environment.
For information or to register for my class(es), call 989-356-4877.
Finally, my mom came over yesterday for a short visit and brought some new clothing that she'll be wearing on her cruise this April. We went through my bead stash looking for "just the thing" to use in some new jewelry that I'll be making for her to wear on her trip. Don't you all wish you had a personal jeweler in your family?
I'll post photos of her finished jewelry soon. In the meantime, I hope to see you in class this Saturday. If you can't make it to the workshop, you can always make your own Squiggly-Wrap Bangle by following the instructions in my new book, Arty Jewelry.
Happy Wrapping,

3 comments:

Amanda Robins said...

I am so inspired by your designs. I just have to try making the dunces cap featured in your Art Jewelry book. I'm nearly brave enough to start working with sterling silver now!

Blogger said...

Bullion Exchanges is a reputable Precious Metals Shop established in New York City's Diamond District.

Bullion Exchanges have a wide selection of products like, bullion that range from the ever popular gold and silver to the prestigious platinum & palladium.

They are offering an enormous selection of products appealing to 1st time shoppers and established investors.

Blogger said...

eToro is the ultimate forex trading platform for new and full-time traders.