Saturday, March 20, 2010

Faux 4-in-1 Bracelet Workshop

Lots going on around here as I prepare for my Wild Wire Women's Retreat this week (March 25-29), and for teaching my Faux 4-in-1 Bracelet workshop taking place this Tuesday at Monica's.
This bracelet looks a lot like the European 4-in-1 chainmaille design, but it's not. I use 12ga wire (copper shown, but it can also be made in sterling silver) to make cool links that are beautifully forged and textured with hammers before we assemble them into a bracelet. We also add a handmade clasp that "disappears" into the design.
It's a gorgeous bracelet that drapes beautifully on the wrist, with a lot of substance–get ready for compliments! For a supply list, click here.
If you can't make it to Palm Desert this Tuesday for the workshop, this bracelet is stepped out in detail in my new book, Wire Art Jewelry. To see all the projects in this 200-page book, click here.
I hope to see you at Monica's this week!
Phone: 760-772-2400
And keep checking my blog this week, as I'll be photographing our Wild Wire Women retreat as it progresses through the weekend. We'll be tackling my 10 Trippy Tricks 2 workshop first, adding a couple of extra links as well (time permitting), and we'll also learn how to use a kitchen torch to make ball-headed headpins using both sterling silver and copper wire.
On Saturday we'll make the Etruscan Spiral necklace using forged and textured copper tubing, and we'll also make some earrings. Using liver of sulfur to artificially age our jewelry, polishing it afterward and using the tumbler with jewelry shot will conclude a very busy day.
On Sunday, we'll make pendants using the Autumn Dance technique, and also learn knotless netting on large beads. We'll finish the day with a session on professional jewelry photography using my EZCube system.
Whew! Lots of work ahead of us, but lots of fun (and good eating, too!) as well. I can hardly wait to begin...
Happy wrapping,

2 comments:

Alice said...

The bracelet is amazing! I need to get to the city to pick up that book! I wish I lived closer to you as I learn better in a class setting rather than a from a book.

Can't wait to see photos of the Wild Wire Women. Sounds like lots of fun!

Blogger said...

Bullion Exchanges is a reputable Precious Metals Retailer located in the heart of New York City's Diamond District.

They have a wide inventory of products such as, precious metals that range from the gold & silver to the prestigious platinum & palladium.

Bullion Exchanges are offering a massive selection of products appealing to 1st time buyers and for seasoned investors.