Friday, June 18, 2010

Cortona, Italy workshops postponed...

I'm sorry to report that my much-anticipated workshop series to take place in Cortona, Italy this coming September has been cancelled due to low enrollment.
I know that this is very disappointing to many of you who were contemplating a wonderful trip to Italy with the current very low euro-dollar exchange, a terrific series of wire jewelry workshops, amazing cuisine, and some really fun and exciting side-trips to Orvieto, Florence, Siena, Arezzo, and more... but, the enrollment at this point is just too low, so the tour organizer and I have reluctantly decided to cancel this trip for 2010.
The good news is, we are rescheduling something similar for late-September of 2011, so if you were hoping to attend but just couldn't quite raise the funds this year, you now have a year and a half to prepare for our event in 2011. I will post dates and additional information as soon as it's available. I hope you can join me; Italy is magical, and we have the best time in small groups touring the area, eating great food, making lasting friendships, and spending quality time in the studio making beautiful jewelry.
Because we have cancelled this trip, I now have several weekends open on my calendar for additional Wild Wire Women retreats in Idyllwild, California. I have a new blog, too, devoted to these retreats. The new blog has photos and additional information, and I will be updating it with even more good stuff as soon as I get new photos taken of my spacious studio. We're putting in new windows, and I wanted to wait until they are installed (at the end of this month) before taking new photos to post on the blog.
In the meantime, there's still plenty of info and pictures to whet your appetite for jewelry making in the peaceful, beautiful mountains of Idyllwild.
Here's the link: http://wildwirewomenretreats.blogspot.com
Here are my new retreat dates:
July 29-Aug. 2
Aug. 5-9
Aug. 12-16
Aug. 19-23
Sept. 2-6
Sept. 9-13
Sept. 16-20
Sept. 30-Oct. 4
Oct. 7-11
Oct. 14-18
Oct. 21-25
Nov. 4-8
Nov. 11-15
Happy wrapping,
Sharilyn

No comments: