Saturday, July 17, 2010

Bead Fest Santa Fe 2011

I just had to make a quick announcement: I've been accepted as a jewelry instructor at the Bead Fest event taking place in Santa Fe (NM) this March!
The event takes place March 9-13, 2011, and classes will be held at the Santa Fe Community Center and at the La Fonda hotel right in the center of town. I love, love, LOVE Santa Fe, New Mexico, and I am so thrilled at the opportunity to teach in my favorite town in the US.
I suggest flying into Albuquerque and then getting a shuttle to Santa Fe from there. No need to rent a car; parking in SF is very expensive and taxis are cheap! Just about everything is within walking distance and if you need to get somewhere outside of town, again, taxis are cheap. Interested in exploring Taos or other small towns/villages nearby? I suggest taking a tour of some type rather than going alone. It's no more expensive than a car rental and it's nice to be in a group with an informed guide.
Meanwhile, back to classes! We're all about making jewelry, aren't we?
So far I have a tentative schedule and I'll post it here, but later will update with photos and final information. You cannot sign up for classes yet, but keep checking the Web site for details and registration dates. Click here for more info (note that their site has not been updated yet with anything for the event in 2011).
My schedule:
March 10, 8:30 am to 4 pm 
Embellished Copper Bracelets 
March 11, 8:30 am to 4 pm 
Santa Fe Bracelet 
March 12, 8:30 am to 4 pm 
Fisherman's Catch Necklace 
March 13, 8:30 to 11:30 am 
Squiggly Wrap Bangle 
March 13, 1 to 4 pm 
Angel's Earrings
I hope to see you there!
Happy wrapping,
Sharilyn

2 comments:

thebearaffair said...

Very exciting!! Is the Santa Fe Bracelet a new item??:O) See you there! Sally Hoffman

Blogger said...

Using RentalCars you can discover the most affordable car hire at over 49000 locations globally.