Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I'm in Creative Beading Vol. 5!

I just received a free copy of Creative Beading Vol. 5 in the mail, quite by surprise! Inside I found that the publishers of Bead & Button had reprinted an article of mine on using a flower loom to make a lovely sterling silver wire flower that can be used as an unusual pendant.
They hadn't warned me about this so it was quite a surprise, but I was thrilled. If you want to see my article (Rosy Posy Pendant) in this book, it starts on page 204. They also presented a huge blow-up photo of the finished necklace on pages 180-181. What an honor!
I like this book a lot, although subscribers to Bead & Button may not... it's just a compilation of some of their favorite articles from past issues of the magazine. But the pages are big and bright, you can very easily read the text and see the details in every photo, and it's in hardcover so it makes a nice reference book.
Retails for $29.95, but you can get it for $19.77 on amazon.com. Click here.
Happy wrapping,
Sharilyn

No comments: