Monday, October 11, 2010

Mixed Metals Charm Bracelet at Weekend with the Wire Masters

The "Mixed Metals Charm Bracelet" is just one of four workshops that I will be offering the last weekend of October at the Weekend with the Wire Masters, which takes place in Dana Point, CA. If you're interested, please sign up soon because this class is filling up quickly!
What will you learn? I've made a list, but time permitting there will be more things than I can list—so much happens in a workshop, both planned and unplanned, that it's hard to believe afterward! Anyway, here is what I have planned so far:
• Twisting 16ga wire to make big, sturdy jump rings without soldering
• Using copper tubing in a variety of ways to make beads (lots of texturing!)
• Double-wrapped eye-pin loops for bead connectors
• Wrapped hook clasp
• Time permitting, I'd like to show a couple varieties of hook clasps not pictured
• Incorporating foreign coins in your jewelry
• Hammering and punching metal to make disk charms
• Double-spiral dangles
• Leaf charms
• More charms and dangles as time permits
• Using liver of sulfur to artificially age our jewelry, and polishing techniques
This is a full-day class but at the event this means just six hours, so we'll have to cooperate together to get everything in... and we will! The class is fine for beginners, too, believe it or not. I hope you have strong hands!
By the way, I do NOT have a kit or supplies to sell in class (exception: I will be bringing a free supply of copper tubing beads), so if you sign up for this please look over the supply list very carefully and bring everything on it, and please bring the best jewelry tools you can. Please, no cheap tools! They're awful for your hands.
UPDATE: This particular class is just half-full, so I'm going to do a special promotion: FREE Bohemian Bangles Bracelet Workshop DVD to everyone who signs up for this workshop. You'll get your DVD when you show up for class. I'll even sign it for you...
I'm really looking forward to teaching this class and meeting you!
Happy wrapping,
Sharilyn

No comments: