Friday, December 10, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today is my mom's 78th birthday, and she and I celebrated with a friend by going out for tea and dessert at our local bakery. We also enjoyed some delicious soup and salad. Mom looked great and she loves her new necklace, which I made for her using copper wire and some of my favorite beads. The glass leaf pendant comes all the way from Venice, Italy.
Here's the necklace in more detail. I enjoyed making it, had lots of fun shaping a wire daisy and cute heart with beads. I love making things for my mom. She's my best friend and her support is amazing! I'm so fortunate to have her in my life, and I'm especially grateful that her health is excellent and she has a very full and active life up here in Idyllwild.
Dropped off Mom after tea and then went grocery shopping, arriving home just in time to catch the pink sunset right off my deck. Gorgeous! I love living in Idyllwild...
Happy wrapping,
Sharilyn

No comments: