Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Fun in the Studio

I had fun in the studio today and thought I'd post the fruit of my efforts. It's so much fun working with sheet metal, especially copper. For one thing, there are no worries about the cost because copper is a very inexpensive metal to work with—at least compared to silver. And it's available in so many different gauges, you're sure to find something that you enjoy handling.
I especially enjoyed designing a freeform flower (don't ask me which species it is, as I have no idea!), sawing it out, and making it come to life with lots of hammering and texturing. Using one of my favorite vintage metal buttons in the design was also a treat. I hope you had fun in your studio today... I sure did!
Happy wrapping,
Sharilyn

5 comments:

Leeann said...

Looks just like a beautiful spring dogwood blossom to me! I've enjoyed looking through your "stuff" recently. Found your site because I recently returned from Cortona - what a dream trip you're planning! Thanks again for sharing your talents and gifts in such a creative way.

somethingunique said...

Hi Sharilyn, it looks abso amazing as usual, and guess what i'm getting for Mother's Day? A new book released from my all time fav wire artist, i had a chance to have a little peek into it the one and only copy at our local book store and you've out done yourself it's amazing and i can't wait to get my hands on it. I hid it behind some other books and sent my daughter on a treasure hunt in the book store.It would be a dream come true for me to take a real workshop with you someday but i'm so far away,working with wire is my favorite way to create and i'm so glad i have you to guide me through techniques with your amazing books and it's so much easier now that i have my new set of baby wubbers and set of looping pliers my daughter also got me for my birthday and i love them anyway thanks so much ttfn L:)

Judy said...

Just beautiful! The flower is suited so well to the copper and I love the addition of the vintage button.

Judy Webber said...

love it! I would like to see how you put it all together... next tutorial?

Sharilyn Miller said...

...a tutorial is a real possibility!