Thursday, May 19, 2011

Retreat starts tonight! And another Arty Jewelry III sneak peek...

My next Wild Wire Women retreat begins tonight with a welcome dinner at our favorite restaurant, Cafe Aroma! I have reserved a table for three, hoping that we get Casey Abrams' couch seat in the back. It's been a favorite spot of my family's for years, so my fingers are crossed.
It's challenging for me to blog each day during a retreat because I work so hard and every night I'm just beat. BUT, if I can, I will! I like having you read along as we pursue our passion for jewelry making with wire, beads, and metals. Check back here tomorrow through Sunday and I will post at least once, if not every day.
We're making the Green Goddess necklace, having a Day of Earrings, and finishing with Fibulas and Spiral-Top pins, with (time permitting) my newest design, the Ripple Pin that is featured in my new eBook, Arty Jewelry II.
My students arrive in just a few hours, so I'd better get back to work. In the meantime, I'm leaving you with a couple pictures from the eBook I'm currently at work on: Arty Jewelry III. Pictured above you see my Embellished Copper Washer bracelet with big washers from Harbor Freight that have been textured several different ways. I took 55 step-by-step close-up photos conveying all the information I wanted to provide, including several photos showing some of my favorite ways to texture metal:
I'm really getting into this and LOVING metal. Just purchased a big box of copper sheet in gauges 20-28, and exploring ways to alter it with forging, folding, striking, cutting, dapping, and torching. It sounds like torture, but the results are amazing. I love it.
Happy wrapping,
Sharilyn

5 comments:

Susan said...

That is stunning and just the kind of thing I would make. My dream is to get to your retreat. This year!

Blogger said...

Did you consider using the ultimate Bitcoin exchange service - YoBit.

Blogger said...

If you're looking to BUY bitcoins online, PAXFUL is the #1 source for bitcoins as it allows buying bitcoins by 100's of different payment methods, such as MoneyGram, Western Union, PayPal, Credit Card and even exchanging your gift cards for bitcoins.

Blogger said...

Earn free bitcoins over at CLAIM BTC. 21 to 57 satoshis per 20 minutes.

Blogger said...

Have you ever consider maximizing your free satoshi collections by utilizing a BTC FAUCET ROTATOR?