Friday, October 21, 2011

What I've Been Working on Lately...

I have been super-busy in my studio lately, wrapping up unfinished projects such as the little vintage doll pin (she has a handmade pin on the back) that I started in Italy last month.
I decided that it would be fun to include this project in my next eBook, Arty Jewelry IV, so I stepped out the process with 60 closeup, step-by-step photos and detailed instructions. Now I'm at work finishing up the remaining eight projects to be included in Arty Jewelry IV, each project requiring dozens of photographs and instructions that I have been editing and proofreading over and over again... So that's what I've been up to lately!
Arty Jewelry IV will be ready to order via amazon.com and bn.com before Christmas. And if you would like personal instruction on making the Antique Dolly pendant (or pin), I'm teaching it at Monica's Quilt & Bead Creations in Palm Desert on 11-11-11.
I hope to see you there! Register for the class by calling 760-772-2400.
And here's a photo of my most recent obsession, enameling on wire beads! You will find a brief demo on this project here on my blog this coming Tuesday, when I take part in the virtual book tour for Barbara Lewis's incredible book, Torch Fired Enamel Jewelry. I wrote up a review of her book on amazon.com, and you can also access my review by clicking here.
I really love her book, and I've been using Barbara's techniques and generous advice to make some really cool and colorful things. What a wonderful way to jazz up your wire art jewelry!
Happy wrapping,

1 comment:

oooLiekeooo said...

WOW! Well done. I love it!