Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Arty Jewelry III Now in Printed Full Color!

I was so excited to receive a copy of my latest book, Arty Jewelry III, in the mail last week! It's printed in gorgeous full color on beautiful paper and the binding is first-quality. I thought I'd share a few details with you here.
Altogether nine projects are stepped out in detail with hundreds of color photos and large, easy to read text. You can see the projects in the photo above, but if you'd like a much better view of them click here.
After providing a large photo of a finished project, I describe the piece and provide a supply list.
This is followed by detailed step-by-step images on the right-hand page, and printed text on the left-hand page. It's very, very easy to follow the steps, I promise! In the printed version of Arty Jewelry III, I did not have enough pages to include basic techniques such as "how to make a jump ring" or "how to wrap an eye-pin loop."
Although I do list all the tools and materials you need to make each project, I did not include a detailed description of each tool as I did in the eBook version of Arty Jewelry III. Trying to save space! Every page I add to one of my books adds significantly to the cost of printing it, so I do whatever I can to keep these costs down.
However, all the basic wire-working techniques plus detailed descriptions of tools and materials with a resource guide are all included in the eBook version of Arty Jewelry III, which you can download for just $7.99 on amazon.com, bn.com, and through ibooks. The printed version (with a first-15-pages preview) is located here.
Right now I'm hard at work on the next book in the series, Arty Jewelry IV. I have turned it over to an editor who is converting my book into an eBook, and I'm also working on designing it for the print-on-demand service, blurb.com. As soon as Arty Jewelry IV is available in either version, I'll let you know.
In other news, on 11-11-11 I'm teaching a fun wire-weaving class at Monica's Quilt & Bead Creations in Palm Desert, California. If you're interested in making a gorgeous pendant using an antique dolly (Monica has lots of them now in her store, and they are all authentic antique dolls), wire, beads, and vintage buttons, be sure to join us from 10 am to 4:30 pm a week from this Friday!
To register, call 760-772-2400
I also have a small group of ladies joining me here in Idyllwild, California the first weekend of December for a Wild Wire Women retreat. My retreats max out at six adult female participants, so if you think you'd like to join us, please contact me at sharilynmiller@mac.com. We'll be doing some enameling, of course, but also wirework and metal arts including sawing, forging and engraving copper sheet, knotless netting, embellished forged wire pendants, and my popular Silver Sampler bracelet.
A very full weekend of three intensive workshop days, lots of great food, and a wonderful retreat in the mountains. Sound like fun? For more info, visit my Wild Wire Women retreats blog here.
Happy wrapping,
Sharilyn

No comments: