Sunday, November 20, 2011

Finished: Two Wire-Woven Antique Dollies!

At long last, I can post photos of my two finished Antique Dolly Pendants! I just finished them last night. The doll on the left was from a workshop that I taught on 11-11-11 at Monica's Quilt & Bead Creations in Palm Desert. The one on the right is actually the very first doll pendant I taught, back in August the weekend before I departed for Cortona, Italy (where I taught this workshop yet again!).
Pictured above is Marsha, my friend and neighboring jewelry artist who lives up here in Idyllwild. She's working on her doll... not sure if she's finished it yet!
And here's my dear friend Pene, who lives part-time in the desert. She brought lots of copper wire from the hardware store, which is one of the things that makes this workshop so great: You don't need expensive materials to make an Antique Dolly Pendant.
Two more happy students, hard at work on their creations, are pictured above.
Just before lunch I'd made decent progress on my doll (pictured on the left) with inspiration from my sample piece (pictured on the right).
In the picture above you can see that another student has made progress on her pendant.
She seems happy about it!
One of the gals decided to turn her doll into a mermaid. It's easy enough to do, just takes some creativity with wire!
Another happy student, concentrating on her sterling-silver wire doll.
And finally, a close-up of my finished doll, which I like to call Butterfly Girl because she has some cute wire wings. I love teaching this workshop, it's so much fun! I'm sure to be teaching it again soon, and I hope that you can join me in a class someday.
If you can't make it to a live workshop, I have stepped-out the pendant in detail with lots of great photos in my latest book, Arty Jewelry IV. Right now it's only available on www.blurb.com, but you can get $10 off your order by typing in the code BIGTEN at check-out. Or, save 15 percent off your entire order by using the code HOLIDAY. These codes are good through 11-30-11, so take advantage of them today!
Happy wrapping,
Sharilyn

2 comments:

Leslie Todd said...

Wow! I love the doll pendants. So cool!

Unknown said...

Wow! That's really beautiful! Did you come up with this idea on your own?