Monday, February 27, 2012

NEW Pendant/Necklace Workshop this Thursday-Friday!

I'm teaching a new two-day workshop at Monica's Quilt & Bead Creations in Palm Desert this Thursday-Friday (March 1-2).
The "Embellished Pendant with Necklace" features a textured wire frame, gypsy-wrap bead attachment, Celtic knot links, twisted wire jump rings, worm beads, wrapped wire links, and a handmade swan clasp. This will be my last workshop at Monica's this season, so if you live in the Palm Desert area please drop in and join us!
The class runs each day from 10 am to approximately 4:30 or 5 pm. We'll be very busy making lots of links and bead wraps, and I will guide you each step of the way as you learn to shape, forge and texture a wire frame, embellish it with beads and twisty tendrils, and make several beautiful wire links that can be used in a variety of different jewelry designs.
I hope you can join us; to register for the class and get the supply list, call 760-772-2400.
Happy wrapping,
Sharilyn

2 comments:

KayzKreationz said...

Do you ever get to Texas to teach classes? I'd love to take a class with you if you do.

Sharilyn Miller said...

I haven't been traveling much to teach lately, although I did teach in Italy last year. I used to travel all over the US teaching for beading guilds and for shows, but with the recession it's been really difficult to fill classes so it hasn't been worthwhile. If our economy improves, I hope to start teaching outside of California again. But for now, I'm only offering workshops in Southern California.