Thursday, January 3, 2013

Dad's 92nd Birthday Celebration

This ought to give hope to all you bacon-lovers out there: My dad, who eats bacon almost every day (no joke), just turned 92 today! We celebrated this milestone by having a delicious steak dinner at Dad's favorite restaurant in Idyllwild: Cafe Aroma.
Afterward, they brought out a huge chocolate cake that I bought at Costco (double chocolate, layers of chocolate, lots of chocolate!) ablaze with candles. We had them write in blue icing: "Happy Birthday, Big Al!" (That is a joke, by the way. Dad's a little guy!) Here's Dad, gearing up for the big challenge of blowing out a small forest fire all by himself:
Victory! He did it. Dad blew out all his candles, and I hope that means he got his wish. Not that he shared with us, but I have a feeling it had something to do with more bacon (and shrimp, scallops, donuts, pasta alfredo, steak, and other high-cholesterol foods that he loves).
Happy birthday, Daddy! And many happy returns of the day....

1 comment:

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Go bacon! How wonderful for you that you have your parents still. Last year I lost my mother at the age of 93, so I know how special this birthday (and your dad's health) are to you. He looks great.