Tuesday, January 29, 2013

NEW: Coptic-Bound Star Book

I'm still having fun making Little Metal Books for my new workshop series on this subject. Above you can see my latest little book (less than three inches square), the Star Book. I loved making it.
I don't know of very many artists who are teaching bookbinding with metal covers, and since I am primarily a jewelry artist, I naturally gravitate toward the metalsmith's approach to making my own little artist books.
I love these; they're just the right size for a pocket or purse for quick on-the-spot sketching or journaling. Here's the backside of my Star Book:
I used starfish images from Fred Mullett's rubber stamp catalog. To visit his web site, click here.
My Little Metal Books workshop is a two-day class (it simply can't be done in just one day!), and I already have two ladies signed up for it during one of my Wild Wire Women artist retreats held May 2-6 in Idyllwild, Southern California. For more information on my jewelry and art retreats, click here. We have four openings in that particular retreat weekend; all of my retreats are restricted to six adult female students.
I hope to see you in Idyllwild someday. In the meantime, keep on creating!
Sharilyn

No comments: