Monday, January 28, 2013

Colorful Tribal Necklace Workshop a Terrific Success!

The class I taught on Saturday at Monica's Quilt & Bead Creations was the Colorful Tribal Necklace. To make my sample, I changed things up a bit and used my own high-fired porcelain pendants and some beads and wire. Students learned how to make wrapped eye-pin loops, wire chains, coil-wrapped beads, caged beads, bead dangles, and a handmade clasp.
Lots of fun, and many beautiful necklaces were the result.
Here we are in class, happy to be creating beautiful things together! Wait: we're missing one student:
And here she is, working hard!
Pictured below: Patricia Paz-Altschul, who also teaches wire jewelry workshops at Monica's store. Notice the beautiful necklace Patricia's wearing: She made it last year during my Embellished Pendants workshop, and it came out just gorgeous.
My next workshop at Monica's store will be held this Sunday from 10 am to 4 pm. It's the Green Heart of Envy necklace workshop, featuring my handmade pendants which are still available for sale at the store through the end of this month. About half the pendants I made for the sale are gone! Be sure to come out to Monica's soon, before they're all sold out. I hope to see YOU on Sunday...
Call to register: 760-772-2400
Happy wrapping,
Sharilyn

No comments: