Sunday, February 3, 2013

Fred Mullett Has NEW Stamps!!!

If you're into using rubber art stamps to make jewelry and other mixed-media arts and crafts, I have GOOD news for you: Fred Mullett (a.k.a. FishBoy) has some brand-new images for us to play with!
I recently bought some of his rubber stamps, including images like the little starfish pictured above and some really cool spiral shells, sea fans, leaves, fossils, and other nature prints. These stamps are not only gorgeous to look at, but very useful to jewelry artists for etching images on metal, stamping metal paints and patinas, making shrink-plastic charms, creating polymer clay and ceramic clay beads, buttons and pendants, and much more.
The images above are just a few of the new designs from Fred's collection; he usually offers art stamps in at least two sizes, sometimes three. This is ideal for people like me who work with small elements for jewelry but also with quite large images for collages and book arts.
Pictured below is the front of my Star Book, made with the brand-new medium- and small-size starfish stamps on copper sheet, Coptic stitched:
And here's the backside of the same book:
You can see how beneficial it is to have the same images in two sizes for different effects. I'm currently working on another little metal book, this one etched with a thistle image from Fred's catalog. I'll post that book as soon as I get it stitched up.
Fred's web site is pretty cool. It's divided into two sections; one is for his catalog of images, the other offers some really cool techniques and samples of his gorgeous artwork made with gyotaku (fish prints) and other techniques, including some valuable information on color. You can access that part of the site by clicking here.
I'm honored to have my Star Book featured on Fred's site, and I am over the moon about my new stamps! Take a gander over to his site, you won't be disappointed.
Happy stamping,
Sharilyn

1 comment:

eena said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.