Sunday, February 17, 2013

New Workshop at Monica's: Fiber-Wire Mixed Media Necklace

I have a new workshop coming up on March 2 at Monica's Quilt & Bead Creations, and I think you'll love it if you like working with mixed media.
The Fiber-Wire Mixed Media necklace workshop is not as intensive as some of my other wire and metalsmithing classes. It's more fun, more creative, more colorful, and students are much more likely to walk away with a finished piece of jewelry to wear home.
We will work with the pendants and beads of your choice (pictured, my new high-fired porcelain pendants are still available at Monica's), a variety of fibers and threads, some wire (copper or silver or even colored craft wire, your choice!) and some fun new techniques.
I will also demonstrate some cute earrings to go with your fiber-wire necklace, and we'll talk about making a bracelet as well. There may not be time to finish a bracelet, but I'll give you plenty of tips and ideas.
Once you start working with these techniques for using colorful fibers in your jewelry art, you won't want to stop! It truly is addictive. I hope you can join us! The class takes place March 2 from 10 am to 4 pm (approximately) at Monica's Quilt & Bead Creations, 77780 Country Club Drive, Suite C-D, Palm Desert CA 92211. Be sure to check out her new web site, where you can see class samples and even sign up for workshops with your credit card.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
See you soon!
And here's an UPDATE: My Fiber-Wire-Mixed-Media necklace has been picked up as an upcoming project in Cloth Paper Scissors magazine! I'm super excited to have a project featured in such a fine magazine of paper arts and mixed media. Currently, my necklace is scheduled to appear in the November 2013 issue.
Happy wrapping,
Sharilyn

1 comment:

Stephan White said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.