Sunday, March 24, 2013

Final 2013 Workshop at Monica's in Palm Desert!

This is it, folks: the last opportunity for you to take a workshop from me this year at Monica's Quilt & Bead Creations in Palm Desert, California. On Thursday, March 28, I'm teaching my popular Metallo del Fiore bangle bracelet from 10 am to 4 pm. It will be my very last class at this store until January 2014.
The workshop is jam-packed with metal working and wire wrapping techniques, and it's ideal for novice metalsmiths or for anyone who would like to learn how to use a jeweler's saw properly. We start with designing our metal motif and discuss different shapes and sizes that work well for a bracelet. Then we transfer our own original designs (or you can use my templates provided) to the metal and learn how to saw it out.
Filing, texturing and metal engraving follow, along with metal punching and dapping (optional). After a break for lunch, we'll switch to wirework and make a coil-wrapped bangle bracelet with beads, a handmade clasp, and handmade wire charms.
To finish, we'll put it all together using a button—and if you don't have a great vintage button, Monica has lots of them for sale in her store. I will also show you how to make your own button using flat center-drilled beads.
Here's a picture of the Metallo del Fiore bangles made by my students during one of my Wild Wire Women retreats:
You can make your bracelet using flowers, butterflies, hearts, stars, geometric shapes, or whatever you fancy. And I will also show you how easy it is to convert your bangle into a pendant for a beautiful metal-art necklace.
To register for this class online, click here.
To call the store: 760-772-2400
Hope to see you in the desert this Thursday!
Sharilyn

No comments: