Friday, March 8, 2013

Not-So-Tribal Necklace

I finally finished my sample necklace from Thursday's class at Monica's Quilt & Bead Creations: the Colorful Tribal Necklace workshop. As you can see, my necklace turned out "not so tribal" because I used sterling silver, a sandblasted agate bead from Monica's store, garnets, pearls, and my enameled cage beads (as demonstrated in my eBook, Arty Jewelry IV).
I liked the necklace so much, I decided to use the same beads and lots of sterling silver wire to make a matching bangle with a huge heart dangle, garnets, and Thai silver bead caps. Just finished both pieces tonight, and then I used liver of sulfur to darken the metal and give it that lovely aged look....
And here they are together, a necklace and bracelet that can be used to dress up a plain blouse or cocktail dress, or worn with jeans and a simple T-shirt. It's not tribal, but it's pretty and I think I'll be wearing this one a lot.
I now only have two more classes at Monica's store for 2013:
Altered Penny Charm Bracelet on March 14 from 10 am to 4 pm
Metallo del Fiore Bangle on March 28 from 10 am to 4 pm
To register for classes, visit the web site here or call:
760-772-2400
Happy wrapping,
Sharilyn

3 comments:

Cassandra Zengilowski said...

This looks great. I think it still gives off a bit of the tribal feel because of the general shape of the necklace even if it is mostly sterling. Maybe you can try using more colorful options other than pearls and garnets for your next attempt.

Cassandra Zengilowski

Stephan White said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blogger said...

Bullion Exchanges is a well known Precious Metals Seller located in the heart of New York City's Diamond District.

They have a wide inventory of products including, metals that range from the gold and silver to the newly emerging platinum and palladium.

They are offering a wide range of products appealing to 1st time shoppers and the experienced investors.