Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My Artist Books in PAGES Magazine!!!

This is so exciting for me! My article on using beverage coasters to make cute travel-journal style artist books is found on page 50 of PAGES magazine, a terrific periodical from Interweave Press. To order your copy of the Summer 2013 issue, click here.
My project is really simple and easy to do, but you will need to reinforce your beverage coasters with gel medium or something similar because coasters are rather fragile. But aren't they fun! I also love embellishing them with Czech glass button closures.
I also provided detailed step-by-step instructions with photos for binding up these little books using the traditional Coptic stitch. Since the publishers couldn't find room for this part of the project in their magazine, they posted a free tutorial online; to access it, click here.
I hope you enjoy my article!
Cheers,
Sharilyn

3 comments:

Sharon Driscoll said...

I love this idea - it will be a great project.

Michele said...

Congratulations! I love the coasters and applaud your publication. O happy day!

Sharilyn Miller said...

Thanks everyone, it really is a fun way to recycle and make a cute travel journal. I'll be taking mine on my next trip to Europe!