Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Buttons for Sale @ Monica's store in Palm Desert

Yesterday I drove down the east side of the mountain to deliver a fresh batch of brand-new ceramic buttons to Monica's Quilt & Bead Creations in Palm Desert. Monica has sold lots of my handmade pendants in the past few months, so I thought she might be interested in carrying my buttons as well.
I was so glad that she agreed to try these out! My buttons are all handmade from the highest quality ceramic (stoneware and porcelain) clay, hand-stamped and textured individually by me (I don't use push-molds), and hand-painted with glaze, so each is a unique little work of art. There are similarities between some of the buttons, but none of them are exactly the same.
My buttons range in size from about 1-1/2 inches in diameter (sold in sets of two for $20) to up to 2-3/4 inches in diameter (retailing for $20 each). They are all high-fired to full vitrification, making them very durable.
The buttons shown here are just a few of what I have to offer at Monica's store, and some may be sold already, so my best advice is to head on down to her store as soon as you can to get first-pick of your favorites. Monica is hosting a quilting retreat this weekend, so it's likely that many of these buttons will be snatched up soon!
I'll be making lots more in the future because it is SO much fun, and now I have an electric kiln of my own, so I can truly unleash my creativity with ceramics. I love the idea of making miniature works of art that other fabric and fiber artists can use in their handmade creations. My buttons are very big, so they're not what I would call "practical" because they require huge buttonholes! But they make beautiful embellishments suitable for crocheted, knitted, felted, quilted, and embroidered handbags, scarves, shawls, quilts, and other fiber/fabric arts.
I'll post more pix of my creations from time to time. Right now, I'm very busy making more buttons!
Monica's Quilt & Bead Creations is located at 77780 Country Club Drive, Palm Desert CA 92211.
Phone: 760.772.2400
Happy creating,
Sharilyn

3 comments:

Ammu said...

These are gorgeous, just like everything else you make! :)

Sharilyn Miller said...

Thank you!!!

Blogger said...

BlueHost is ultimately the best website hosting company for any hosting services you might require.